News

Farmer electrocuted in Jajpur

Jajpur: In a tragic incident, a farmer was electrocuted to death after he accidentally came in contact with live wires at Rehmanpur village under Korei police limits here on Friday.

The deceased has been identified as Rabi Malick of Rehmanpur village.

According to sources, the incident took place when Rabi was going to his farmland this morning. He sustained critical injuries after he came in contact with the live wires lying in the field.

The villagers rushed him to a hospital where doctor declared him dead.

Tension prevailed in the area as villagers alleged that the negligence of the electricity department led to the death of the farmer. They demanded adequate compensation for the kin of the deceased.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

To Top