News

Female elephant dies due to suspected electrocution

 

Dhenkanal: A female elephant died due to suspected electrocution at Kakudibhag village under Sadar forest range in Dhenkanal district today.

The jumbo is suspected to be a pregnant. It is around 12-year-old, forest official village.

A herd of elephants is roaming 500 metres away from the carcass in a bid to guard the dead pachyderm.

Villagers informed the forest department officials who rushed to the spot. Dhenkanal DFO also reached spot and ordered an inquiry.

Forest officials said farmers in the area have frown vegetables in the panchayat which is their main sources of income. The elephant might have infiltrated into the area in search of food and came in contact with live wire.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

To Top