Ganjam: Properties worth lakhs of rupees were gutted after fire broke out in a bank at Pailipada in Ganjam district last night.
According to sources, a Bank of India (BOI) branch at Pailipada caught fire at around 3 am. Locals found smoke billowing from building and immediately informed fire officials. Assets including computes, furniture and documents were gutted in the blaze.
On being informed, fire officials reached the spot and managed to douse the flames after hour-long operation.
The exact reason behind the fire mishap is yet to be ascertained. However, electric short circuit is suspected to be the reason of flames.