Balasore: In a tragic incident, a man was electrocuted while tying flags for a party meet at Tentulimunda village under Alandasaragaon Panchayat in Balasore district today.
The deceased was identified as Akshya Jena of Tentulimunda village.
The mishap occurred when the victim was tying flags of the political party standing on the roof of a school. While tying the flags, he came in contact with the live wire and got electrocuted.
Locals rescued him and rushed to Balasore District Headquarters Hospital (DHH) for treatment, where doctors declared him dead.
On receiving information, police rushed to the spot and started a probe into the incident.