Keonjhar: A minor girl died and her father was critical after being bitten by a venomous snake at Sankir village under Sadar block in Keonjhar district on Friday night.
The deceased was identified as Kuntala Munda (9) of Sakir village.
According to sources, the incident occurred when both the father-daughter duo was sleeping at their house on Friday night. They were rushed to Keonjhar District Headquarters Hospital (DHH) where daughter declared dead.
“We all went to sleep after having the dinner last night. After a few hours my husband complained that something bites him in his hand. After a few minutes my daughter complained of stomach ache and then vomited following which we took them to the DHH,” said the Tulsi Munda, the mother of the deceased‘s mother.