Education

Sikhsa Sahayaks re-designated as junior teachers; threaten stir in Delhi to press demand

Bhubaneswar: Even as the State Government re-designated Siksha Sahayaks of the 2011 batch as junior teachers, the 70,000 agitating teachers, who are demonstrating in front of the State Assembly over a series of demand have threatened to launch a protest against the Central government till the demands requiring Centre’s approval are not cleared.

The development came after the State Government abolished the post of Sikhsa Sahayak and decided to re-designated them as Junior Teachers, which was a key demand of the agitating teachers.

Sangha president Malaya Jena said as per the recommendation of the 7th Pay Commission, the State Government has agreed to provide 40 percent of the salary while the Centre should provide the remaining 60 percent. Since the Centre has not made it clear whether it would provide its share, the Sangh will begin its agitation against the Centre fromTuesday, he added.

Jena also informed that the Siksha Sahayaks would be designated as Junior Teacher Contract while from three years to six years they will be designated as Junior Teacher. After completing six years, they would be appointed as regular teachers, he added.

Notably, the Siksha Sahayaks had gone on leave after an inconclusive meeting with the government on Monday afternoon and demonstrated near the Assembly. They were demanding regularisation of jobs, implementation of Seventh Pay Commission, and death benefits.

Later in the evening the agitating para-teachers withdrew their protest after School and Mass Education Minister Badrinarayan Patra agreed to fulfil four, out of seven demands of the Siksha Sahayaks.

Patra said that the para-teachers of the 2011 batch will be re-designated as junior teachers after serving on contract for three years.

However, the revision of salary and other details would be formalised at a later date, Patra added.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

To Top