Bhubaneswar: Two people had a close shave on Monday afternoon after a car, in which they were travelling in, caught fire near ISKCON temple under Nayapalli police station here.
On being informed, fire brigade unit rushed the spot and managed to douse the flames. But by the time the fire personnel reached the spot, the car was completely damaged in the fire.
According to reports, while the car was moving, smoke started billowing from the bonnet of the car following which the two persons, whose identities is yet to be ascertained, onboard the vehicle got off the car.
As soon as the two alighted from the car, the vehicle started burning and in no time it got completely engulfed in the fire.
It is being suspected that short circuit might be the reason behind the mishap.