Bhubaneswar: East Coast Railway (ECoR) today cancelled, rescheduled and divereted several trains due to damages to track in cyclone Titli.
Train services have been suspended between Khurda Road and Vizianagaram.
The trains which have been cancelled are-
- 22819/22820 Bhubaneswar-Visakhapatnam-Bhubaneswar Inter City Express from both the directions on 11.10.2018.
- 22874 Visakhapatnam-Digha Express from Visakhapatnam on 11.10.2018.
- 12864 Yesvantpur-Howrah Express from Yesvantpur on 10.10.2018.
- 12509 Bangalore Cant.-Guwahati Express from Bangalore Cant on 10.10.2018.
- 15227 Yesvantpur-Muzafarpur Express from Yesvantpur on 10.10.2018.
- 18645 Howrah-Hyderabad East Coast Express from Howrah on 11.10.2018.
The train which has been diverted is Howrah-Secunderabad Falaknuma Express (12703) from Howrah on 11.10.2018. It will run via Kharagpur-Tata-Bilaspur-Nagpur-Kazipet
- 22603 Kharagpur-Villupuram Express from Kharagpur on 11.10.2018 will leave at 1805hrs instead of 1405hrs.
- 18646 Hyderabad-Howrah East Coast Express from Hyderabad on 11.10.2018 will leave at 1200hrs instead of 0950hrs.
Besides, damages were reported from many railway stations and in the railway routes between southern Odisha and Andhra Pradesh. Electricity supply has also been suspended in the routes due to the cyclonic storm.
Besides, the cyclone caused damages to Palasa station building. Platform shelter, foot over bridge were also damaged at various places. Signaling Pole and Over Head Electric Masts have been damaged at some places between Palasa and Kottabomali Stations.Electricity feed to Over Head Electric not holding at various place between Brahmapur and Kottabomali. Tracks were blocked due to uprooting of trees at many places.